Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Who is it that strengthens you?



"I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me" is the King James version of Philippians 4:13. It was nice this morning to be reminded of that by a sticker on the piece of strawberry rhubarb pie that I feasted on in Alleman, Iowa. Yes, the strength in my legs that is required to do all of this pedaling across Iowa is the result of hours of training miles on my bike. God does expect us to do our part. But we can never forget that the blessings of health and strength and finances and all that is necessary to enjoy an adventure like this, are blessings that come from His hand.

The ride today was shorter than the other 3 days and there were very few hills to climb. Sometimes the wind was blowing against us and the sun got very hot again later in the day. But I had made an early start so got to the camp in Altoona in plenty of time to relax and cool off.

The campground is in a baseball field with very little shade. After getting the tent set up I pedaled back towards town and found that the library was open for riders to use. It's a nice break to be able to sit in the air conditioned library for awhile.

I've heard there is a good chance that we will get some rain tonight but I plan to be outside and enjoy as much of this day as I can. With the tent already set up it won't be an issue if it does decide to rain. Hopefully, no major thunderstorms and an end to the rain before it's time to pack up again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment